Have you ever wondered how soap cleans your hands or how eating healthy makes your body stronger?
This fully illustrated picture book explores the science behind basic health habits through diagrams, photos, and informative and engaging text.
In How Does Soap Clean Your Hands?, readers will learn:
· The significance of hand-washing, how soap works to clean hands, and proper hand-washing practices
· How to avoid spreading germs
· What viruses are and how medicine works to fight them
· Different types of medicine, how they work to keep you healthy, and the importance of taking medicine as prescribed
· The benefits of a healthy and balanced diet
· How exercise helps to keep you energized
· The benefits of getting a proper night’s sleep
Madeline Hayes is a self-described science nerd. She loves it! Especially biology and chemistry. She has a B.S. with Honors in chemical and biomolecular engineering, pre-medicine and a minor in chemistry from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, class of 2018. Madeline has expertise in engineering, chemistry, and mass cytometry and works using these skills to assist with research at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. She isn’t sure where her work and learning will take her, but she knows science will be at the core of her career and she credits that love of science to the many awesome teachers she’s had through the years. This is her first book and she is hoping it inspires some other young scientists of the future to some day come join her on the journey!
Srimalie Bassani lives and works in Mantova, Italy. Her mother has always encourages her artistic expression, and she is the inspiration for her passion. Her work is full of surprises. She always tries to diversify her style based on every story she illustrates. It's almost impossible to remove her from her writing desk, where she keeps a stack of books and teacups of many colors.