"It is my feeling that debilitating shame and guilt are at the root of all dysfunctions in families," says Jane Middelton-Moz.
A few common characteristics of adults shamed in childhood:
- You may suffer extreme shyness, embarrassment and feelings of being inferior to others.
- You don't believe you make mistakes, you believe you are a mistake.
- You feel controlled from the outside and from within.
- You feel that normal spontaneous expression is blocked.
- You may suffer from debilitating guilt; you apologize constantly.
- You have little sense of emotional boundaries; you feel constantly violated by others; you frequently build false boundaries.
If you see yourself in any of these characteristics, you can learn how shame keeps you from being the person you were born to be and how to change that. Shame & Guilt describes how debilitating shame is created and fostered in childhood and how it manifests itself in adulthood and in intimate relationships. Through the use of myths and fairytales to portray different shaming environments, Dr. Middelton-Moz allows you to reach the shamed child within you and to add clarity to what could be difficult concepts.
Listen to Shame & Guilt - you're worth it.
Jane Middelton-Moz, M.S. speaks internationally and has appeared on national radio and television, including: Oprah, Montel and PBS.