Welcome to Dragon Country!
Here Dragonfire sears the grass and the wind dances with Dragon-song. Here you'll find true Dragons, real flesh-and-blood creatures that are as fiercely alive and majestic as they were thousands of years ago.
- Learn about the three true species: Eastern, Western, and Feathered
- Explore how Dragons evolved and the various types of pseudo-dragons
- Study the science of Dragons: size, diet, temperament, habitat, and more
- Discover how Dragons impact religion, art, literature, and occult studies
- Find out how to safely interact with Dragons
This essential, comprehensive introduction to Dragons is filled with what everyone must know about these extraordinary creatures. Whether a casual dracophile or a dedicated Dragon keeper, come explore what Dragons have to teach us about the world and our-selves. Discover how, with care and devotion, you can help save them from extinction.
Shawn MacKenzie (Southern Vermont) is a life-long student of the strange and mysterious—myths, arts, religions, sciences, the occult—as well as all creatures, seen and unseen, real, cryptic, great, and small. She's the author of The Dragon Keeper’s Handbook, Dragons for Beginners, and Llewellyn's Little Book of Dragons, as well as numerous essays and fictions. Minnesotan by birth, she now lives in the shadow of the Green Mountains with ten cats, a guinea pig, and an Amazon parrot. Working with the tarot has been an integral part of her life for more than forty years.